Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Freudian Slip?

I'm sure I'm not the first to have done this, intentionally or not, but last evening when I first heard that Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges against him, I almost immediately mentioned his name later in a sentence and inadvertently called him O.J. Jackson!

Don't get me wrong. I really don't want to judge the man. The news hype has distorted who-knows-how-many facts of the case. In the end, if he is guilty (like O.J.? and not necessarily to compare the two cases!), he probably needs help, desperately. May he get it!

If he indeed is not guilty, only God knows if/how he will climb out of this mess. Though, to be sure, he certainly has his fan base! Will it be enough to redeem him?

Thank God this wasn't the same circus as for O.J. There was at least some sense in the courtroom, if you do compare these two celebrity trials. But as Mark said, "Only in America!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...