Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Good Feel-Good

This morning as I drove to Amy's for my Day 5 of painting (6 1/2 hours of WHOLE WHEAT in the great room and extended dining area--a shade lighter than the CAMELBACK kitchen), I saw something that really made me feel good.

It was 7a (dawn here in Atlanta) and quite foggy. As I was driving by a new, ritzy neighborhood, I had to stop behind a school bus picking up kids and saw 4 adult men standing nearby on the corner, waving goodbye. Not a woman was in sight. Wow. What a nice surprise.

Did I mention that all 4 men were African-American? With the stereotype of "absent fathers" in what we generally see as a matriarchal Black culture, it was a double feel-good as I started my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...