Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Scream, You Scream

To the absolute agreement of everyone we've talked to, the best eis cafe (ice cream shop) in all of Hannover is the one only 2 blocks from us. It must be true because they're always busy, even on rainy days (like yesterday). Is that lucky or what!

And they close until January this next Sunday!

So what would you do in that predicament?? Even though Donica has been under the weather with a bronchitis infection, it did NOT keep us from our addiction last night!

Death by chocolate.* What a way to go! (I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Wanna go with me?)

[* chocolate ice cream, chunks of Toblerone, grated chocolate, chocolate syrup, nuts and whipped cream]

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm from Japan:)
    It looks delicious, and nice joking! I scream you scream!
    Nice blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so everyone knows..... the "death by chocolate" was only for Ginnie. I myself go for the "death by spaghetti ice".

    http://www.spaghettiicecream.com

    Spaghetti ice starts with some whipped cream in a ball in the center of the bowl, then they push vanilla ice (my absolute favorite) through a contraption that makes it look like spaghetti until the bowl is piled high with vanilla ice spaghetti and then they douse it with strawberry sauce and sprinkle a some crushed white chocolate on it to look like parmesan cheese. Now, that is something to die for!! I can skip the chocolate all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, not being a chocolate fanatic myself, I think I might have to side with Donica on this one. I've never had spaghetti ice (never heard of it), but vanilla ice cream is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, Haruna, "nice joking."

    And yes, Donica, while I may try a different "flavor of death" each time, you clearly like your Spaghetti Eis, over and over again. No sense changing now. :)

    And you, dear Amy, are not your mother's daughter when it comes to chocolate. Never did figure that one out!

    ReplyDelete

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...