Monday, October 10, 2005

The Longest Game in Baseball Playoff History!

So we're jinxed!

You're not gonna believe this but I left the house to go see a movie just as the 4th game of our divisional playoff with the Astros went into the 10th inning, tied 6 - 6. Two hours later, when I walked out of the theater, I asked the attendant who won the game? When he said we were in the 16th inning, I couldn't believe it. I actually had time to drive home and watch through to the 18th inning when the Astros hit a homerun to win the game...and the series.

SIX HOURS!

This quote from Pablo Picasso suddenly seems apropos!

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Scratch your head on that one, Braves, and maybe one of these years we'll get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...