Thursday, January 19, 2006

Going Out of My Head

Every work day, whether at home in Atlanta or here in Hannover, my daughter Amy and I have an IM chat when she first gets to work (early, before everyone else). In Atlanta it's 7:30a; in Hannover it's 1:30p. We both live for it.

Yesterday she told me this cute, cute story about Nicholas. As she was driving him to daycare (before he goes to his Kindergarten class), he noticed the moon, pointed at it and started a conversation with her about it. At one point he said, "Mom, you've got to stop talking because you're making me go out of my head!"

Laugh, she thought she'd die. What happened was this: he was talking along and said something she didn't quite hear so she stopped him to ask what he had just said. He said, "You heard me but you were talking." And then he couldn't remember what he had said because her talking made him forget.

Thus, "Mom, you've got to stop talking because you're making me go out of my head!"

So when I get Alzheimer's and start forgetting, I'll have to remember that I'm only going out of my head!

I MISS MY GRANDSON!

9 comments:

  1. I thought it was somewhat akin to: "Woman, shut your yap!" Men . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I bet you miss him. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. Well I can't wait for the report back from Christina all about your meeting up. IT's so fun to do stuff like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you, Christina, Expat, PG and MP. The Nicholas-stories melt my Heart and Soul every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that!
    and i hope you never get alzheimer's. no!

    -lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Lesley, I joke about it, of course, but since it's in the family, I guess it'a a possibility for all of us! You're right, tho'--let's hope I don't ever get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like something my wife says to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which part, Nate: the going out of your head or what Amy said?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...