Thursday, November 30, 2017

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: November 2017


Nope, it's not December yet but on this last day of  November, and with no more weekends, here's another month sliding off the calendar!

My Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for November 2017 are:

November 5 (photo manipulation):
"America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy;
not revolution but restoration." --Warren G. Harding
(29th President of the United States, serving from March 4, 1921, until his death in 1923)


November 12 (photo manipulation):
"She stands
In tattered gold
Tossing bits of amber
And jade, jewels of a year grown old:
November."
--Zephyr Ware Tarver (1886-1974)


November 19 (photo manipulation):
"Don't wait until the fourth Thursday in November to sit with family and friends to give thanks.
Make every day a day of Thanksgiving!" --Charmaine J. Forde


November 26 (photo manipulation):
"In November, the smell of food is different.  It is an orange smell.  A squash and pumpkin smell.
It tastes like cinnamon and can fill up a house in the morning, can pull everyone from bed in a fog.
Food is better in November than any other time of the year." --Cynthia Rylant

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for November 2017:

(finished on 3 July 2009, posted on FB 4 November 2017)
Even though some of these Celtic Designs make me wonder (it's a dog-eat-dog world, for instance),
I first trace them with my finger and then color them with happy colors anyway.


(finished on 5 June 2017, posted on FB 11 November 2017)
During the month of November, it's "the proper thing to do" to add the color ORANGE.
(from my Kaleido Color book on black background paper)


(finished on 8 October 2017, posted on FB 18 November 2017)
These are the fun ones I can usually finish in one day.  :)
(from my 6 x 6 mini-mandala book)


(finished on 7 November 2017, posted on FB 25 November 2017)
As the days get shorter and shorter before the winter solstice (Dec. 21),
we need the light wherever we can find it.
(from my Stained Glass book)


And now we face December.
How did it come around so quickly again?!


10 comments:

  1. The water colours are 'Autumny' with all the pumpkins or Autumn/Fall related, I love it. You colourings are so colourful and a joy to see. I really like the one posted on the 11th of November. The blue is so radiant. It is quite te collection again. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how much I love sharing all of this with you, Astrid. You know! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So simple is it...which makes a good sermonette. :) Thanks, Ruth.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's always fun to see what people pick, though that's not my expectation. :) Thanks, Marie.

      Delete
  4. I loved all the pumpkins and that poem about food in November... it really made me hungry lolol lovely post, seems i'm running late in my commenting duties lately!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were lots of pumpkins this time, weren't there. HA!

      Delete
  5. The stained glass looks so authentic! You really have an eye for the arts. Can you paint or draw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Maria, I took art during my 4 years of high school because it's such a part of me. I can do some things but mostly I just punt. I'm not really a drawer. But if I had taken classes, I would have wanted to watercolor-paint! The photo-manipulation app is the next best thing.

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...