Thursday, May 03, 2018

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: April 2018


Once you get to May, you should feel that summer is almost here, right?  But believe it or not, our last few days have been in the 40s-50s F and barely even springlike.  But I'm getting ahead of myself....

Here are my Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for April, 2018:

April 1 (photo manipulation):
"Some people probably think of the Resurrection as a desperate last moment expedient
to save the Hero from a situation which had got out of the Author's control."
--C.S. Lewis

"A single crocus blossom ought to be enough to convince our heart that springtime,
no matter how predictable, is somehow a gift, gratuitous, gratis, a grace."
--David Steindl-Rast


April 8 (photo manipulation):
"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude,
without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true."
--Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter


April 15 (photo manipulation):
"The spring has sprung, the grass is rizz.
I wonder where them birdies is?"
--Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)


April 22 (photo manipulation):
"Time plays like an accordion in the way it can stretch out and compress itself 
in a thousand melodic ways.  Months on end may pass blindingly in a quick series of chords,
open-shut, together-apart; and then a single melancholy week
may seem like a year's pining, one long unfolding note."
--Julia Glass


April 29 (photo manipulation):
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
--Albert Einstein

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
--Albert Einstein


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for April 2018:

(finished on 21 January 2016, posted on FB 7 April 2018)
In case you ever wondered (!), sometimes I do NOT like how I've colored a design.
Here I discovered that I don't do well with more than 4 or 5 different colors.
Like I said, in case you wondered...so I thought I'd show you.
(from my Color Me Happy (NOT) book)


(finished on 21 March 2018, posted on FB 14 April 2018)
(If it's possible to think of anything else besides WWIII--as in North Korea)...
whenever I start a design from my Art Deco book, I check images on the internet for color ideas
and hope I have marker colors to match what I see.  This was pretty close.


(finished on 5 April 2018, posted on FB 21 April 2018)
Halfway through this Mandala design, I wished I had added a third color (like maybe yellow?).
As a 12 x 12 design, that's a LOT of hot pink!


(finished on 25 February 2018, posted on FB 28 April 2018)
Because yesterday was King's Day here in the Netherlands,
I knew I would save this Color Me Fearless design for today.
Who knew someone would come up with such a perfect design for the King's birthday!


And now that May is here, it's supposed to go from the 50s to the 70s any day now.
Or so they say.


8 comments:

  1. I know this is fun for you and for me a reminder what you posted last months, I like that little owl, those eyes HA... the colourings are again amazing. And I know that Maxima likes the last one.....IHVJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a big THANK YOU, Astrid, for following me like you do. And HAHA about Maxima. I'd love to give her a smile. :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of red tones this month, Ginnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often red becomes the one accessory color that holds everything together for me. Hmmm. I wonder what THAT means! :)

      Delete
  3. Have to love Winnie the Pooh's mind!

    The variation in your mandalas this month is quite something! Very different from each other. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one can be "uncheered" by Winnie the Pooh, Ruth. Isn't that the truth! And yes...I can definitely see how variety is the spice of life. I'm trying not to get too stuck in any groove. HA!

      Delete
  4. my eyes get boggled as i look at your colouring designs... the brightness of computer monitor burns the design onto the back of my eyelids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I know what you mean, Elaine, because my retina iPad is much brighter/bolder than my laptop where I process everything. Sometimes I have to keep that in mind. HA! But thanks for looking regardless.

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...