Thursday, August 02, 2018

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: July 2018


When August comes, does it feel like summer is ending or still in full-throttle for you?  Actually, I always started thinking of school in August, whether for me or my kids, which made me think about the fall...before it started!

Right now, however, we're still dealing with record high temps all over Europe and, sadly, not enough rain.  So, yes, summer is still full-throttle for me.

Here are my Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for July 2018:

July 1 (photo manipulation):
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves
as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government.
I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."
--George Washington

HAPPY July  1st and 4th to all my Canadian and American family and friends.


July 8 (photo manipulation):
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead;
his eyes are closed."
--Albert Einstein


July 15 (photo manipulation):
"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarted than you think."
--A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh


July 22 (photo manipulation):
"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand."
--Mother Teresa


July 29 (photo manipulation):
"I imagine that yes is the only living thing."
--e.e. cummings

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for July 2018:

(finished on 19 February, posted on FB 7 July 2018)
Believe it or not, I had already queued up this Vintage Patterns design before connecting the fact
that last evening we were eating dinner with an Irish man and his Dutch wife.
I love how the Celtic knots stick out like a sore thumb, don't you?
More Irish you cannot get!


(finished on 27 December 2016, posted on FB 14 July 2018)
I love the quote in Alice Walker's "The Color Purple" when Shug says
"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."
YUP.
(from my mini-mandala 6 x 6 in. book)


(finished on 5 February, posted on FB 21 July 2018)
It's that time of the year to notice Mother Nature strutting her stuff everywhere we go.
(from my Stained Glass book)


(finished on 12 March, posted on FB 28 July 2018)
These are colors I like together, even if I might not ever wear them.  HA!
(from my Mandala book)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Here's a fun tooting-my-own-horn moment, if you don't mind:

It goes back to all the posts I published about all our capers while in Malta, 2016.  Remember?  It so happens that Raymond Fenech, who lives there and is an author of short stories, poems, articles and essays, published in 12 countries, contacted me last year to request the use of one of my images at the Addolorata Cemetery.  In exchange, I would receive a copy of his book.

Talk about a man of his word!  That book arrived by mail this week:


And yes, one image with credit to me.  :)
Thank you, Ray!


10 comments:

  1. A month "gone" again. Time flies and it is amazing how fast that each month goes. Love the posts with the colouring and watercolours. That book came as a total surprise, I think it will be great to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're already fast into the second half of the year. Once September comes, I always feel we start sliding down to Happy New Year! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. How lovely Ginnie, to have one of your photos included in the book! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. psychokinesis? should be an interesting read, but not for me lol yes i can judge by one word haha...

    i scroll soooo slowly thru your watercolour pics, i find them sooo beautiful... you are magic with that app!

    and i like pink and purple together toooo... we already discussed that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you're a fan of my watercolor manipulations, Elaine. THANK YOU! :)

      Delete
  4. Isn't it wonderful when people actually do what they say they will do? Congrats! For this month I think it's the plums and Mother Teresa quote that is my fave! And speaking of no rain...wish I could send you some from Virginia. It's rained (hard!) every day practically since I've been here! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Robin, I do love it when people do what they say they will do! Indeed. Normally we have more than enough rain for everything here, but this year is NOT normal in any way. It's kinda scary. :(

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful colors and quotes!

    We were so grateful that our heat subsided in time for the Robinsons' visit from too-hot south Texas. It was gloriously 70s and 80s, and I thought about you a lot. We even got some rain at the tail end. It's heading back up today, but not as hot as you still. I really feel for you.

    Congratulations on the photo in the book! That is quite gratifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you had glorious weather for your kiddlings, Ruth. I'm so happy for you. What's happening for us in Europe is quite distressing, to be honest. If it's a one-off, I can handle it. But if it's the beginning of many years in a row, I'm definitely concerned. (sigh)

      Thanks for the congrats on the photo. :)

      Delete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...