Thursday, September 06, 2018

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: August 2018


Having just arrived back from Merry England two days ago, I'm happy to do an easy post while settling back into some sense of "normalcy."  HA!

Here are my Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for August 2018:

August 5 (photo manipulation):
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day."
--E.B. White


August 12 (photo manipulation):
"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere."
--Anaïs Nin

"Happiness is an inside job." --William Arthur Ward


August 19 (photo manipulation):
"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you,
if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive."
--Eleonora Duse (Italian actress, 1858-1924)


August 26 (photo manipulation):
"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
--Maya Angelou

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for August 2018:

(finished on 1 July 2018, posted on FB 4 August 2018)
GREEN.  Europe is becoming parched because of the heat and not enough rain.
Farmers are going bankrupt.  Produce prices will soon rocket sky-high.
We need rain.  We need less heat.  We need GREEN.
(from my Mind Body Zen book)

[Addendum:  We are getting rain and less heat these days!  Things are greening up again.]


(finished on 26 June 2018, posted on FB 11 August 2018)
While in Atlanta this past May, I bought a Color by Pixel book that still intrigues me,
even though the jury is still out on it for me.

The challenge is to follow the guide because I don't have all the shades/nuances in pen colors.
(finished just before the Tour de France)

[Addendum:  The jury says NO to this book, even though I will still play around with it.]


(finished on 28 July 2018, posted on FB 18 August 2018)
How many times do I mention I "feel" I was a Native American in a past life!
Where those feelings come from I'm not sure, but it's deep in my core.
To be honest, I hold it with pride, carefully.
(from my Color Me Fearless book)


(finished on 28 June 2018, posted on FB 25 August 2018)
Just for the halibut, I bought gel pens while in America this past May and actually like them...
except for the fact the ink is gone almost before you use it, which is a deal-breaker for me.
But I still like the feel of using them.  We're never too old to try something new, of course.
(from my mini-mandala book)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Now that we're back from our England trip, you know what I'll be working on!
Oh, and any day now our granddaughter will be born (due this past Monday)!


8 comments:

  1. It is always a nice post to see what you did over the weekends of the last month. One of my favourites are the boats. But I do love the colourings too.
    Yep, any moment now... I know that she will choose her own time......
    IHVJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved those boats, too, Astrid, from our time in Looe, Cornwall, a couple of years ago. We are so lucky!

      Delete
  2. I remember the anticipation waiting for the little ones to arrive! Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Marie. It's always exciting when a new little one enters this world!

      Delete
  3. gosh your colouring is BRIGHT on a retina display haha
    first world problems :)

    i loved the water colours (of course) and that quote about being torn between improving the world and enjoying the world?
    from what i have been learning, enjoying the world is HOW one improves the world!! isn't that a fine state of affairs? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean about enjoying the world, Elaine. I really do. The main thing for me is being thankful, which is actually more important to me than joy...except that I do think that thanksgiving elicits joy!

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy a quick scroll to see which one really catches my eye and then I go back and do a slow review. A few times my first inclination isn't accurate, but most of the time it is. For me...it's the watercolor boats - 8/26 with the Angelou quote. LOVE that one the second I passed by it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've really warmed my heart by what you have said, Robin. Thank you!

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...