Sunday, November 12, 2023

Hart Whispers


Another photo book is now added to my left sidebar under My Photo Books, given to my children, Amy and Mark, during our just-finished annual trip to Atlanta:

(Click here to view the book, click on the book, and then click on "Full Screen" in the top-right corner.)

The book is 11 x 14 inches, 111 pages.  

My foreward to them:
For when neither Time or Place or Memory capture the moment
more than the hallowed recognition of Something Bigger than ourselves,
begging for whispers...if we speak at all.

Over time, little by little, I'm compiling what I deem my best photos into photo books for my children for when I'm gone.  They always say they'll want to do something with my photos from my myriad photo files, which I know will never happen.  For me, this is a much better way to "give" them what they want.

In this case, these photos represent the Mother Nature shots I want them to have.


11 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Boots. Quite a legacy. Whose quote is that?

    Ruth (sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Ruth. That would be my quote, actually, which is my foreword to Amy and Mark in the book. :)

      Delete
  2. One of your best books so far, Ginnie. This book shows your love for nature. No matter the season you get the best out of it.... It is a treasure to have a copy here in the bookcase. Thank you!! IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always my biggest Fan Club, Astrid, for which I owe you a LOT! Thank you, as always.

      Delete
  3. Great idea, Ginnie. Your family will appreciate this for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een schitterend fotoboek, dat is dus genieten met een grote G
    @Had gisteren ook al 2x een antwoord geplaatst , die werden helaas niet doorgestuurd
    Hopelijk 3x scheepsrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, dear Marjolein, for your persistence, which means the world to me. Don't know what that was all about.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING Ginnie!! What a keepsake this will be for your family.
    There were so many that captured my ❤️…but page 40/41 was just over the top incredible.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with ME!!
    xoxo,

    ReplyDelete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...