Thursday, November 21, 2019

Through the Hartland: A Photographic Journey


It's a long story about how this book has come to be, starting back over the last several years when both of my kids have said, "Mom, you should do something with your photos," to which I have always replied that I had no intention of adding to the glut of photos already out there.  Besides, I have this blog and my photo blog that already do "something."

In the back of my mind, however, I've always known that the myriad files of photos on my external hard drives will float out into the Black Holes of the Universe once I'm dead and buried.  Maybe I could resurrect a few of them and give them to the kids as the one thing I can do...for them.

A few ended up being 831, which you can see in this book below:

Click here to find the book and then click on the book to view it.
(You also have the option to view it in full screen.)

The introduction to Amy and Mark in the book tells you what you need to know...the why, what, when and where.  Its 831 images cover the span of these past 15 years, 2004-2019, when I switched from film to digital cameras, taking you on a journey through 32 countries I've had the privilege to visit, listed on the last page.  (Another 8 countries, also listed but not represented in the book, were before I used a digital camera.)

I gave a copy of the book to both Amy and Mark at the cabin in the North Georgia Mountains.
Amy looked at her copy, too, of course, but Mark was the one I captured out on the deck.

You can also find the book on my sidebar.
ENJOY.


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the title on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book was made with 831 pictures and a lot of love. I was the one who saw you many many hours behind the laptop going back and forth between all the pictures you have. I know you can sink a ship with the amount of pictures you have. The book turned out to be absolute fabulous. A joy to give and a joy to have in our bookcase as well. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were my fan club from beginning to end, Astrid, for which I thank you profusely, especially during the times I had so many second thoughts about how and where the book seemed to take me on its own. You really ARE my Partner in Crime.

      Delete
  3. lot's of work to make a book like that, i'm glad to see Mark is really enjoying it!!
    it's a lovely book, sister!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. You, too, knew how long I was working on it. Your encouragement always helped me.

      Delete
  4. Yes it's a lot of work and love, and all the journeys gathering those photos are so rich with memories. The connections are wonderful. I know how beautiful the book is, firsthand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. I'm glad you got to glance at it firsthand!

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...