Thursday, February 10, 2022

Picturit 2: A Shutterchance Love Story


Remember the photo book I did back in 2018 of Astrid's photos on our Shutterchance photoblog:  Picturit?  You can find it on my left sidebar under My Photo Books.  

It's high time I now add the second volume, Picturit 2, that I finished last October, 3 years after the first.  It also is now added to my sidebar, under the first volume.


Once you click on the above link, left-click on the book to view it, making sure you also click on the full-screen link (top-right).  The 12" x 12", 110-page book includes 235 images from September of 2018 (leaving off from the first volume) to September of 2021.

As a reminder as to why these 2 books are called A Shutterchance Love Story, Astrid is known on our photoblog for the placement of her signature (watermark).  She's brilliant at placing her name exactly where she says she "pictures it" when she takes the photo.

Enjoy!  And if you wish, you can also follow her at her Shutterchance photoblog:  Picturit (not to be confused with this book).

[Addendum: In the actual 12" x 12" book you can find the signatures more easily because the pages are large enough, which will be hard to see in the online version, unless your screen is large enough.]


16 comments:

  1. You have no idea how humbled I feel that you took so much time (and love) to make a second book of my pictures. I look at this book in wonder and even think "did I take these".
    Strange how that happens.
    Thank you for giving me a "coffee table book" that I will cherish for the rest of my life. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Astrid, I can hardly wait to do the third book! :) I so love how you "see" things, especially when it comes to your signature. Please don't ever lose your creativity and brilliance!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful gesture of love. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. You have no idea how much I loved making this! Well, maybe you do, since you've done it for your kids.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Astrid's photos. She has such great skill. And her knack for adding her signature is precious. It was fun to see so many photos from our places!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd recognize your neck of the woods, Ruth, if you looked at the book. And, yes, her imagination just blows me away!

      Delete
  4. Op mijn telefoon en tablet lukt het niet om het fotoboek te openen.
    Morgen eens op de pc proberen.
    Fijne avond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know, Marjolein, if you continue to have a problem opening the book and I'll try to help you.

      Delete
  5. Love the cover. WE are all well. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing great, Ted, even though Astrid tested POSITIVE for COVID last week but had only one day of mild symptoms. She's totally back to "normal" now. I tested NEGATIVE twice. Go figure?!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. So glad you could finally see it, Marjolein. I can hardly wait to do Vol. 3 a couple years from now. :)

      Delete
  7. A beautiful tribute to love :-)

    Astrid's photos are always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherry, and I totally agree. I'm always excited to see what she'll come up with next. :)

      Delete
  8. Somehow this ended up in my junk file, but I rescued it today!
    What an amazing book! I got through a portion, but decided to finish reviewing it with a nice glass of wine tonight!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens, Robin...things ending up in the spam mail that shouldn't. Sure beats me how it happens. But thank you for finding it and taking a look. I'm so proud of Astrid!

      Delete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...