Thursday, April 14, 2005

Kein Anschluß

In two words: NO CONNECTION! The good news is that the DSL green light is on, since yesterday. The bad news is that there's still no connection to the internet. Technology!

So, apart from masking my discouragement after almost 3 weeks without "her" here in Hannover (I'll have to give my laptop friend a name!), I'm back at the Internet Cafe to tell you what posts-with-photos I am so eager to send you:
  • The Red Thread 4.2 km walking tour of the city center here in Hannover.
  • The Berlin Wall, after reading a book we bought last weekend and getting my history clarified.
  • The United Buddy Bears, all 120 of them from countries around the world--I'm reading about every one of them. A native from each country has painted their own bear. Look at these from the United States and Canada (click on Interpretation).
  • Michael Moore! I finally watched his documentary Bowling for Columbine last night (one of the 12 movies I brought from home) and want to read/see everything he does. I spent time on the special features and fell in love with that passionate, principled but gentle man. Yes, I had already seen Fahrenheit 911.
  • Inventing the Rest of Our Lives: Women in Second Adulthood by Suzanne Braun Levine is a book Ruth gave me for my early birthday in Paris. Oh my! Yes, this is what I'm doing: figuring out the Big Question of this Second Adulthood, "what am I going to do with the rest of my life?" I don't think it was coincidental that I watched Michael Moore last evening after reading Braun most of the day. I wonder what I'm going to be "passionate, principled and gentle" about in the years to come?

That's a start. These posts are growing inside me, bursting to be created the way I envision them. Perhaps Hamburg this weekend will be another chance (since my laptop has worked only away from Hannover thus far!).

We use our 3rd and 4th of eleven EuroRail days on Saturday and Sunday, first in Hamburg to the north of us and then, on the way back to Hannover, stopping briefly to also see Bremen. We both love these excursions. Talk about being Soulful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...