Monday, January 02, 2017

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: December 2016


The last month of last year...done and over with!  How did that happen so quickly?  So, here we are, with this last ritual of 2016.

Here are my Watercolor Sundays on Facebook for December, 2016:

December 4 (photo manipulation):
"O come, all ye faithful, Joyful and triumphant...
Sing, choirs of angels, sing in exultation,
Sing, all ye citizens of Heaven above! 
--John Francis Wade 


December 11 (photo manipulation):
"Christmas is a necessity.  There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us
that we're here for something else besides ourselves."
--Eric Sevareid


December 18 (photo manipulation):
"There is no greater gift at Christmas than to have everything you want
before you open the gifts."  --Author Unknown

[The red amaryllis is often sold as an alternative to poinsettias around Christmastime.
Astrid has both growing on our windowsill right now.]


December 25 (photo manipulation):
"Christmas is the keeping-place for memories of our innocence."
--Joan Mills

Merry Christmas, again, to one and all, no matter how you celebrate it.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for December 2016:

(finished on 7 March 2013, posted on FB 3 December 2016)
From my Viking Colouring Book, I'm learning how much the Vikings were influenced by Celtic art.
This design had a Christmassy feel to it for me.


(finished on 20 November 2016, posted on FB 10 December 2016)
You know there's something wrong with me when I have to count all the squares I colored:  436!
(From a new Mandalas book.)


(finished on 22 November 2016, posted on FB 17 December 2016)
The more I colored this design the more I saw Christmas written all over it, 
from my Kaleido Color book on black-background paper.


(finished on 26 November 2016, posted on FB 24 December 2016)
From a new Mandala book that has some designs on black-background paper, I "saw" Christmas again.
So, MERRY CHRISTMAS in both the secular and religious meaning of the phrase.
This is a celebration time for ALL of us, regardless of what we believe.
I hope you are able to ENJOY it.

Now that December AND 2016 are history,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!


8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year... when I look at all the posts of the watercolour and the colouring, it has been a colourful year. I love it that you start to make posts out of these, a memory to keep, not only in the book but now also on the World Wide Web.... IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my biggest supporter in this endeavor, Astrid, so you know I thank you profusely. THANK YOU. So far, I haven't even started to get tired of either the coloring or the manipulation of photos! :)

      Delete
  2. That last mandala is mind blowing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such colour in your life, Ginnie. I hope 2017 is one of your most colourful years ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are expertly chosen. I love your coloring schemes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind of you, Maria. It's a challenge to not use the same colors I love the most (like ORANGE!) but I'm trying to branch out. :)

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...