Thursday, July 05, 2018

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: June 2018


Can you believe we are now halfway through the 2018 year?!  We are.

And here are my Watercolor Sunday posts on Facebook for June 2018:

June 3 (photo manipulation):
"But he who dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose."
--Henry David Thoreau

[And yes, we are safely back in The Netherlands.]


June 10 (photo manipulation):
"The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said."
--Peter Drucker


June 17 (photo manipulation):
"Children don't need more things.
The best present they can get is a father who gets on the floor and plays with them."
--Anonymous

Happy Father's Day to all fathers everywhere, whether they have their own children or not!


June 24 (photo manipulation):
"In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes...."
--John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves on the trees...
I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."
--F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My Saturday's Color posts on Facebook for June 2018:

(finished on 26 March, posted on FB 2 June 2018)
I see some hairpin turns, taking us back to where we came from.
This evening g'son Nicholas flies back with Astrid and me 
to The Netherlands for 2 weeks, as his graduation gift from us.
He was there 3 years ago but this time, he's...older.  :)
(from my Mindfulness book)

(finished on 28 September 2017, posted on FB 9 June 2018)
Still trying new color combinations to see if they'll work.
Sometimes they surprise me.
(from my Stained Glass book)


(finished on 27 March 2004, posted on FB 16 June 2018)
Today is g'son Nicholas' last full day with us before he flies back to Atlanta tomorrow.
So many memories..."like circles that you find in the windmills of your mind."
(from my Op Art book)


(finished on 11 January, posted on FB 23 June 2018)
How 'bout starting off summer with this Mini-Mandala (6 x 6 in.).
Ironically, The Netherlands didn't get the Summer Solstice memo because it's in the mid 50s F right now!


(finished on 23 April, posted on FB 30 June 2018)
Thor's hammer amulet (Mjölnir) "is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most
fearsome and powerful weapons in existence, capable of leveling mountains."
Thor, as you may recall, is the Norse god associated with thunder.
Somehow this seemed appropriate for those of you in America 
who'll be hearing fireworks probably all week now!  
Stay safe.
(from my Viking Colouring Book)


And now we start the second half of 2018!


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I assume you mean the Father's Day watercolor, Marie? Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I love Thor's hammer especially, Boots. I think I need these colors in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Thanks, Ruth. It's one of my favorites, too. I actually Googled Norse colors for it. :)

      Delete
  3. Times flies and it seems like it is going faster by the minute. I like the father's day watercolour. Always a joy to see the colourings "growing" under your hands, Ginnie. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does indeed fly, Astrid! And I love that YOU get to see my progress on all the colorings, day in and day out. Thanks for being my fan club. :)

      Delete
  4. i just LOVE the way you make those watercolours... honestly you have a talent for it... sometimes i will look at one of them, and my heart just sings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, shucks, Elaine. You just really made my day. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. It's the new color combo that most definitely caught my eye! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then! It's so easy to keep using the tried-and-true colors, Robin, so I'm trying to break out of my own box! :)

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...