Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Confetti

Okay, so I'm a kid at heart! Especially at Christmas-time!!

During our last trip to Hannover, sometime in early November, I found this delightful stanzen-set (hole punch set) in the children's toy section of the nearby Beki grocery store. For only 3,99 Euro (= $4.69)! With 4 motifs, Engel (angel), Glocke (bell), Sternschnuppe (shooting star), and Tanne (Christmas tree)! I was in Child's Heaven!

Needless to say, I didn't think twice about buying it and actually had Nicholas in mind for helping me punch. However, once I found out how strong one's hands needed to be for the punching, I left it for me alone. And punch away I went here at home, during football games or whenever the noise wouldn't drive Donica absolutely batty. Now I have a nice pile of confetti for our Christmas cards...and a mess for those who receive them! Hopefully they'll be kids at heart as well?! (To give you perspective, the hole on the bottom collection base is the size of a penny, so these are tiny pieces of confetti!)

Remember when I spent $6 on the Marktkirche paper model last September and couldn't think of having more fun for that little amount of money? That's exactly how I felt about this punch set. It doesn't get much better than this to make me happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your vote of confidence,PG. I hope everyone will say, "I loved that!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...