This isn't exactly a meme, but I have a Page-a-Day Calendar that comes to my InBox, yes, every day. Once you buy a real version, you have the option to order the online version, or any other calendar, for free. Of all the ones to pick from, this year I decided to choose this one, because I wanted to be reminded of fun/silly things to be happy about. Things I don't normally think about.
Every day there are 5 things to be happy about. Today's five are:
- pictures of faraway places
- solving a riddle
- a great teacher
- strawberries and champagne
I was thinking I should add 5 more of my own and get in the exercise of thinking this way. So here are the five I'm adding on my own today:
- ceiling fans with 3 different speeds
- pen/pencil holders
- digital cameras where you can "waste" pics :)
- The Golden Girls (if you haven't seen Christina's video, please do. I laughed till I cried)
- phone calls from Europe when Donica is away (from last Thursday to this Saturday, she's in Amsterdam, Basel, Vienna, Dijon and Amsterdam!)
You know what they say: We choose our own happiness! I totally agree.
Addendum: I just found out that this day in history, 1953, Dr. Jonas Salk successfully tested a vaccine against polio. It wasn't until 1955 that the vaccine became available nationwide. I had polio the year before (very mild case) when I turned 9 but am happy today that the vaccine saved many children from the crippling disease that has been almost eradicated around the world! Add this to my list.