Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Watercolor Sunday and Saturday's Color: July 2016


Nowadays, because so many American schools start up again in August, after their summer break, it feels like autumn is right around the corner!

But I'm ahead of myself, because this post is about July.

For the 5 Watercolor Sundays on Facebook:

 July 3 (photo manipulation):
"How brave a ladybug must be!
Each drop of rain is big as she.
Can you imagine what you'd do
If raindrops fell as big as you?"
--Aileen Fisher


 July 10 (photo manipulation):
"To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And revery.
The revery alone will do, if bees are few" --Emily Dickinson


July 17 (photo manipulation):
"For fast acting relief, try slowing down." --Lily Tomlin


July 24 (photo manipulation):
"Earth laughs in flowers." --Ralph Waldo Emerson


July 31 (photo manipulation):
"Dogs lead a nice life.  You never see a dog with a wristwatch." --George Carlin

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

My 5 Facebook coloring posts for July:

(finished on 14 June 2016, posted on FB 2 July 2016)
The first half of 2016 is now gone and JULY is here.  How did that happen?!
Happy Canada Day (yesterday) and America's July 4th this holiday weekend.  Enjoy.
(From my Kaleido Color book on black-background paper.)


(finished on 28 December 2003, posted on FB 9 July 2016)
When I was given my Op Art book back in 2003, I wasn't sure how I would like it, but, to be honest,
it's one of my most fun and challenging...partly because the designs are visual illusions.  HA!


(finished on 22 June 2016, posted on FB 16 July 2016)
Another one from my Kaleido Color book on black-background paper.


(finished on 3 March 2013, posted on FB 23 July 2016)
From my Viking Coloring Book, this is a side panel detail of the Shrine of St. Patrick's Bell, 
ca. AD 1100, commissioned by Domhnall Ua Lochlainn, King of Ireland between AD 1094 and 1121.
It depicts elongated beasts intertwined with ribbon-bodies snakes.


(finished on 8 July 2016, posted on FB 30 July 2016)
My Celtic Designs coloring book says there is a legacy of ancient Celtic artists who intertwined
the beauty of the natural world with the mystery of the spiritual world, as it then was perceived.
"Fantastic men, beasts, birds and serpents writhe and bite their way through twisting bands
of knotwork and swirling spirals, in dazzling, never-ending linear displays."
YUP.


6 comments:

  1. Such an interesting variety! Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. It's a challenge to stay on top pf this but totally soulful to me.

      Delete
  2. I love these posts and to see them all over again. What a variety and so much fun to see you having fun and total enjoyment in these posts. IHVJ and I love that you have this passion :) Dikke kus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that YOU'RE the one who can see my passion! You're my biggest Fan Club, for which I greatly thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I usually go for the coloring images...but this time I just love the very first one...that little ladybug! I'm dipping my toes into watercolors...just to better understand the types of paint and brushes...so perhaps some play one day with abstracts. Great! Always look forward to these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to think of you in your new studio, Robin, water-coloring with your brushes! Please show us what you come up with!!! And thank you, always, for coming here and commenting. It means the world to me.

      Delete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...