Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Socks Socks Socks and More Socks (cont'd)


This wasn't the way I initially planned to do it, but the more I've thought about it, and with a bit of Women's Prerogative, I'll continue with separate posts for new batches of socks as I go along...instead of adding them to the first post from May 11 with my first 9 pairs.

So, picking up from where I last left off:

10th Pair (for Jeannette), finished May 18, 2020
Flotte Socke Scandinavia 1474 Rellana, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
(Jeannette chose this yarn and insisted on it when I warned her it had a lot of brown.  She LOVES it.)

11th Pair (for Liesbeth), finished May 24, 2020
Flotte Socke Mississippi 1161 Rellana, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
(Liesbeth is a Kermit-the-Frog fan, so I picked out this yarn for her, which she loved.)


12th Pair (for Harry), finished June 1, 2020
Flotte Socke Mississippi 1163 Rellana, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
(Harry chose the same yarn that I made for Astrid, 8th pair,
but the dye lot was different, making the white a more washed-out, pinkish hue)

 13th Pair, finished June 7, 2020
Flotte Socke Rellana Garne 1555, Germany, 46% cotton, 33% wool, 12% polyamide, 9% polyester

(This is my absolute favorite pair of socks up to this point.  It felt like silk in my hands!)

14th Pair (for Dicky), finished June 16, 2020
Scheepjes, NL, Invicta Colour #968, 75% wool, 25% polyamide

(A thank-you to Dicky, our neighbor lady who takes care of our plants and mail while on vacation.)

15th Pair (for Astrid), finished June 26, 2020
Schachenmayr Regia, Germany, Perfect Rainbow Color #01736, 75% wool, 25% polyamide

(When I asked Astrid if she could see herself wearing this design, she immediately said "OH, YES!")

 16th Pair, finished July 4, 2020
Schachenmayr Regia, Germany, Tutti Frutti II #02424, 75% cotton, 18% polyamide, 10% polyester

(This is the first pair of socks I've made without any wool!)

 17th Pair (for Lisl), finished July 12, 2020
Lang Super Soxx, Switzerland, #901.0201, 75% wool, 25% polyamide

(Lisl has been our Bath, England, hostess for many years, whose husband of 35 years died
on June 29, age 83.  This was her first choice of yarn made several weeks earlier.
I needed to knit them for her now, while grieving with her over her loss.)

 18th Pair, finished July 18, 2020
Scheepjes, NL, Our Tribe #963, 70% wool, 30% polyamide

(This is my second pair of socks made for bedtime, for approximately 10-11 months of the year!)

19th Pair (for Lisl), finished July 24, 2020
Flotte Socke Bambus-Merino Emotion, Rellana #1541, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide

(This was Lisl's second choice of yarn, in case her first wasn't in stock.  Lucky for me,
both were available, because I wanted her to have both.  Our England hostess with the mostest!)

(I'm now working on my 20th pair...for daughter Amy!)


12 comments:

  1. Socks as an art form! You are very sock gifted. What wonderful designs and hues.

    I am gathering notes on a blogger I started following at the same time as yours. It made me think about your blog. You have the rare gift of sharing your joy of finding new sights, new food, new hobbies, new travels and more. Your zest for life is contagious. Reading your blog always leaves me with optimism and hope – life is not that bad after all. You exult joie de vivre. I’m so happy I found you and your blog from RennyBa in Oslo back in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a loving and sweet comment, Vagabonde, that warms my heart and humbles me. Thank you so very much. I had forgotten that it was through Renny that we had met each other back in 2008. And to think that in 2011 Astrid and I went to Norway and had the chance to meet Renny and his lovely American wife!

      Delete
  2. Looking at those socks you all made just makes me humble.... 40 socks.... I saw them being knit one by one and each one is a joy to you. They are wonderful gifts and they are very comfortable to wear. I am so proud to wear them and show them to people.
    I love to read the comment of Vagabonde. And yes, you are very "sock gifted". Thank you for making these posts to remember who got which pair of socks. IHVJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Astrid, because you are the one who sees the daily ins and outs of this "addiction." I love finding out what each new yarn will end up looking like and am often surprised. What a wonderful hobby for me at this point in my life, and YOU are the one supporting me all along the way. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Land o' Goshen! You have really made many people happy. The colors and patterns are just so blissful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA, Ruth. It's been a long time since I heard that expression...and now I have a big smile on my face. Thank you very much. Your socks will be made one of these days! :)

      Delete
  4. Wat een mooie lading kleurrijke sokken
    Echt knap van je.
    De sokken van foto 2 zijn leuker dan leukst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Marjolein. Who knew there could possibly be so many sock yarns made specifically to self-strip/design like these shown here. I tell Astrid with every new pair that I can hardly wait to see what it will look like! :)

      Delete
  5. These are ALL so FUN!!
    You’re amazing!
    xoxo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Robin. You can understand why I'm addicted! As I just told Marjolein, who knew there could possibly be so many sock yarns made specifically to self-strip/design like these shown here. I tell Astrid with every new pair that I can hardly wait to see what it will look like! :)

      Delete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...