Friday, October 09, 2020

Socks Socks Socks and More Socks (cont'd)


Lest you think I haven't continued...HA!  Carrying on from my last post on socks, July 28, this will catch you up to date, for the record.  (Those of you following me on FB have already seen them.)

20th Pair (for daughter Amy), finished August 3, 2020
Flotte Socke, Rellana #1551, Germany, 46% cotton, 33% wool, 12% polyamide, 9% polyester
 (I also had a black and grey yarn without the turquoise but Amy liked this one better, "with color.")

21th Pair (for son Mark), finished August 9, 2020
Lana Grossa, Christmas #6756, Germany, 80% wool, 20% polyamide
 (Mark said he'd like something "seasonal."  Hopefully this will work?!)

22nd Pair (for Astrid), finished August 23, 2020
Scheepjes, Invicta Colour, NL, #951, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
 (Astrid and I decided it'd be fun to try a ribbed sock down to the heel.)

23nd Pair (for sister Ruth), finished August 29, 2020
Opal Fairytale, #9792, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
 (Whenever I have 2 skeins of the same yarn, there's exactly enough left over to make a footies pair,
which Ruth prefers to full-legged socks.  How cool is that!  A first for me, after 22 pairs.
Half a sock is better than no sock at all?!)

24th Pair (for BIL Don), finished September 10, 2020
Flotte Socke Scandinavia, Rellana #1475, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
 (Sister Ruth and hubby Don live in Maine.  This design reminded me of a winter Nor'Easter!)

25th Pair (for Chris), finished September 20, 2020
Flotte Socke Scandinavia, Rellana #1474, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
 (This is a Thank-You to Astrid's "Big Brother" in Bath, England,  
who helps ferry us all over tarnation whenever we visit.)

26th Pair (for moi), finished October 1, 2020
Flotte Socke, Rellana #1552, Germany, 46% cotton, 33% wool, 12% polyamide, 9% polyester
 (This is my favorite yarn, like 2 other pairs I've made, as for Amy above.  Perfect for my khakis.)

27th Pair (for sister Ruth), finished October 8, 2020
Flotte Socke Scandinavia, Rellana #1474, Germany, 75% wool, 25% polyamide
 (Remember what I said about left-overs when I have 2 skeins of the same yarn?  Footies for Ruth.)

And now I'm starting another pair for Astrid....

In case you're wondering, I still have 7 more skeins of yarn in my stash.
After those socks are made, I'll go on another shopping spree (with left-over money from my birthday)!
  I really AM addicted.  :)


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! The colour combinations are great. My favourites are the first ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think the reason why I'm addicted to this hobby, Marie, is because I can hardly wait to see what the pattern of each yarn will look like! :) Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Wat heb jij hard en veelvuldig gebreid.
    Leuk om de verschillen te zien in kleur en hoogte van al die sokken.
    Fijn weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedankt, Marjolein. It's important ahead of time, of course, to know the preferences of each recipient: length of foot, size of foot, length of leg, and length of top ribbing. I really do aim to please. :)

      Delete
  3. I am sitting next to you on the couch and see (and hear) the progress you make with each sock. I am thrilled that every pair is like an adventure to you, "what pattern will it be this time"... When all yarn is gone we just make a day of it and go back to the big yarn-shop and spend some money HA... I like that you use the same template showing each pair. Now I am eager to see how mine will turn out....IHVJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are definitely my Partner in Crime when it comes to socks, Astrid, in more ways than one. Those times when I lose a stitch or do something unexplainable, there you are sitting next to me, helping me figure it out. THANK YOU. You being my fan club makes all the difference in the world. :)

      Delete
  4. I just LOVE your socks! The colors for Ruth are my all time favorite!

    Carry on!

    And so glad you like the Hubbell notes. His words really help keep me from insanity!

    23 days!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have two pairs of socks for Ruth, Robin, I wonder which one you like the most. HA! But no matter, I'm glad you like the colors! And yes, I'm so glad for Hubbell, who also helps keep ME sane these days. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Lucky me!! I cannot wait to feel the COZINESS, both from the socks themselves, and then from the love I will feel from you surrounding my little tootsies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. How very sweet, Ruth! The day I can hand them to you in real life will be THE DAY!

      Delete
  6. Ik wist niet dat je er nog een blog had Ginnie

    een leuk hobby neem ik aan

    prachtige kleuren in deze mooie sokken

    greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, WOW, Willy. What a surprise to see you here! Thank you for your kind comment. When I went to my "About" page on Shutterchance, I saw how outdated it was and tried to edit it, but nothing would take. So I've had to contact our administrator to fix it. Anyway, what a delight!

      Delete
  7. You are a master in the sock knitting art now, for sure! My favorite this time is no 26, the muted pinks and mauve colors. You have such an array of color combination, do you follow a pattern for the colors or do you decide yourself? They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Vagabonde, and thank you! I hate to pop the bubble but ALL these yarns are self-striping sock yarns, made specifically for SOCKS. All I try to do is make each sock in the pair match, which is usually easy by now, except for the Scheepjes yarns, which have no rhyme or reason.

      Delete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...