Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Hats Hats Hats and More Hats (cont'd)

 
Believe it or not, my last mutsjes/little hats/egg-warmer's post was at the end of 2021!  So, yes, I have a lot of catching up to do here, for the record.  These are the 83 I've knitted between January and April (with a couple weeks off after I fell and tore the tendon on my left shoulder!).

When I use yarn from my own sock wool,
 I like showing the accompanying socks.

Most of the rest of these little hats are from communal yarn 
used by our knitting group here in our senior community.








Roy G Biv (in case you need reminding of the order of the rainbow colors).
If I had done this the way Astrid did hers, I would have started with red at the top,
but I wasn't that smart.  Think of this as the other rainbow in a double rainbow,
which IS backwards in color.









Next time I'll try to keep all my collage frames the same color.
(Yes, I'm picky.)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And now, just to let you know, we're geared up for a 10-night/11-day trip to Iceland, following (more or less) the Iceland Ring Road clockwise as seen here, starting and ending in Reykjavik, the capital: 

[credit:  theculturemap.com]

We're giving ourselves an extra day in Reykjavik at the end, just because.
Once home on the 16th, we have a week to catch up before our week in England
for our Shutterchance photoblog meetup.

Both of these trips were planned 2 years ago, postponed because of COVID.
NOW is the time to make them happen!


6 comments:

  1. You creativity has no end, Ginnie. I am sitting next to you and "in a blink of an eye" there is another "mutsje" knit and I am asked to help you make the pom-pom. To see all the "mutsjes" in this post is so much fun. A memory to keep.
    And now, Iceland, here we come..... we are ready for a new adventure. IHVJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that YOU are the one who see these mutsjes taking shape one by one, Astrid, and THANK YOU for holding the pom-pom "template" to cut the yarn, because your thumbs hold it better. HA! I can honestly say you helped me make every single one!

      And now...ICELAND. Indeed!

      Delete
  2. You just slipped in there that you were injured for a time. It sounds painful but you recovered well to have done all that knitting. I especially love those with the long tassel. The socks a beautiful too.

    Have a wonderful trip to Iceland, you two. I look forward to the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoulder will take time to heal, Marie, 6-8 weeks before the earnest exercises take place. That'll be after we get back from England, so it feels like good timing. Thank you. Till then, we are so excited about what we are about to experience in Iceland. No one has researched it better than Astrid, for sure. But even with that, we are both committed to taking it one day at a time, enjoying what we can without overdoing it.

      Delete
  3. Dit is weer een parade van prachtige leuke en kleurrijke mutsjes.
    Zo leuk om te zien.
    En nogmaals een hele fijne vakantie in Ijsland.
    Gaat het beter met je schouder ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marjolein. I still get a lot of satisfaction and fun out of these wee creations and am actually sad that this is the last year for them. Oh, well.

      We are definitely looking forward to our Iceland trip, thankful that my fall really doesn't appear to have hindered it in any way. I do have my aches and pains, especially when I try to find a comfortable position at night to sleep, but being able to do almost everything I normally do has made me very happy and upbeat. My physical therapist says the healing takes 6-8 weeks (tomorrow is 5 weeks), after which we can start exercises in earnest. But first Iceland...and then England!

      Delete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...