Thursday, February 24, 2005

Jumping Off the Cliff

Before I went to sleep last night, I asked the Universe to talk to me while I slept. I needed to gather bones after being terminated yesterday and to figure out how to put them together before singing them to life.

Ask and you shall receive! At 5:30 this morning, I awoke from a vivid dream, got up immediately and wrote in my journal till 8a. How cathartic!

The dream in a nutshell: Donica and I were in a car (she was driving) following a guy hang-gliding on a mini hot-air-type balloon. It was made out of a network of macramed ropes that somehow held its form without cloth or the hot-air fire. No basket either; just handles to hang onto. We were following him because the balloon was actually mine, given to me as a loaner, and I was getting ready to go pay for it. I was so excited because I knew he would be landing soon. When he landed in the field off the side of the road, I ran enthusiastically to gather up the "deflated" ropes at his feet. As I was leaving him, I told him that if he wanted one, he could get a good deal at the store because the salesman had said they had thousands of them that they were trying to get rid of. Then immediately I was at Devil's Lake in Wisconsin (where we took the kids often while living there) and told someone (Bill, I think) that I could hardly wait to take a running leap off one of the cliffs with my balloon. I knew it would be scary but I wanted the thrill of the air grabbing hold of the balloon. I trusted it. And then I woke up.

Alright then. I don't claim to be a dream analyst but this is what I pieced together:

  • "To dream that you are hang gliding, symbolizes freedom in your personal life. It also represents trust and believing in destiny."
  • "To see or dream that you are in a hot air balloon, suggests that it is time to overcome your depression. The dream may be a metaphor indicating that you are losing your ground or your foothold on some situation/problem. Alternatively, it represents the process of individuation and your quest to fulfill some spiritual needs."
  • "To see ropes in your dream, represents some connection or a way to tie/hold things together. "
  • "To dream that you are paying for something, indicates the price you pay for your decisions and actions."
  • "To dream that you are jumping, indicates that you need to take a risk and go for it. You will find progress toward your goals."

It's very clear to me that instead of terrifying me, being terminated has set me on the edge of something very exciting. I DO feel free, liberated, and ready for the "risk" of being jobless. I don't like the way it happened, but even that represents trust and a belief in destiny.

And the willingness to pay for not listening to my intuitive Soul-Voice!

2 comments:

  1. Simply amazing!!! No other words come to mind over your dream. I hope we can "TRUST" together that the path forward will be rewarding for us both!!

    -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, D. That means a lot, as you know. I find it very significant that it was clearly YOU driving the car! :)

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...