Thursday, February 10, 2005

Till We Have Faces

Click on this picture to make it larger and then see if you can find the 11 human faces. I love stuff like this!

It reminds me of my favorite novel/fiction in the world: Till We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis, a re-telling of the Greek myth about Cupid and Psyche, with a twist. "Nowhere in Lewis' works is the soul explored better...."

Lewis himself proclaimed this to be his best work, in spite of the fact that he wrote it from a woman's point of view. Of it he says, "I was with book, as a woman is with child." It was a book incubating in him most of his life. Themes of family, love, hate, jealousy, possessiveness, selfishness, sacrifice, suffering--what more could you ask for!

It's one of those books I try to read once every five years, and it's that time again, I see!

2 comments:

  1. How interesting. I love how you pull things together in this blog.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth. That means a lot, especially coming from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...