Friday, February 25, 2005

Test Your Stress Level

Just for the halibut, go to this Latest Works site and test your stress level. Supposedly the pictures "are used to test the level of stress a person can handle. The slower the pictures move, the better your ability of handling stress. Alleged criminals see them spinning around madly while seniors and kids see them still."

And you?? (BTW, you may not get the effect from this page, so please click on the website and go to the bottom of the page. How do people think this stuff up!)

4 comments:

  1. How cool! Where can I find out the stress level? I only see pictures and no indication of how to determine my stress level based on how much movement I see. BTW, they are not spinning wildly!!

    -D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was particularly interested in how YOU would see these--you with so much stress! So glad they're NOT spinning wildly, which may say you know how to manage your stress well?! I don't know how to determine the stress level. I wondered about that, too. The site didn't explain but I got the description from another blog that didn't give the origins. For all I know, we all see them spin in the same degree. It still fascinates me that "simple" pictures/drawings like these can create such optical illusions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a couple of the pics didn't move at all, but most of them were pretty much moving in a slow steady wave/spin/whatever. really interesting, though i had to convince myself that they were, in fact, not moving. very strange.

    -Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. The strange world of optical illusions, where seeing is believing!

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...