Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What the Bleep Do We Know!?

Since first reading about this movie in our AJC newspaper back on 12/11/04, I knew I wanted to see it. Yesterday it came out, and I jumped at renting it (leisure-lady that I am).

What is reality? Why are we here? What is our relation to God? And like Alice in Wonderland, how far down the rabbit hole do we want to go?

The inspiration for this film came from a number of different directions, the first being "the continual convergence of the two great modes of human inquiry – science and spirit. Quantum physics, neurology and molecular biology seem to be saying things that are in agreement with what mystics have been saying for centuries. Furthermore science as a language of the spirit seems to cut across old beliefs and superstitions and present ideas, in a way that encourages people to examine for themselves and make their own decisions."

"What the Bleep Do We Know? says that science and spirituality are not different modes of thought, but are in fact describing the same thing. And it brings the power back to the individual man and woman as it demonstrates creation as the god-like capacity of every individual."

There are so many "quotable quotes" in this movie! I wish I could quote them all. Maybe the best one for me was "the real trick to life is not to be in the know but in the mystery." It follows what I've been reading in Thomas Moore's The Soul's Religion.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have much of a clue at all about quantum physics or mechanics (let alone science!), but I know it's pretty big stuff for the brain. To have it connected to Spirit as though they are mutually inclusive, if not one and the same, is mind-boggling. As one of the scientists said, "quantum physics is the only thing that allows the Kingdom of God to fit into a mustard seed!"

The physics of possibilities; our inter-connectedness to the universe; our intention to be creators--where is there a small study group when I need it! I could talk about this for hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...