Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Story of Love

In the opening words of this nature documentary, March of the Penguins, Morgan Freeman says this is ultimately a story of love. And he's right. A love story that is true and absolutely, breath-takingly astounding.

"This is the story of one year in the life of an emperor penguin flock - and one couple in particular - as they trek across the Antarctic on an annual journey that invokes just about every major life experience, from birth to death, from dating to mating, from comedy to tragedy, and from love to fighting for survival."

I laughed out loud; I was brought to tears; I couldn't believe what I saw: "the awe-inspiring sight of the animals' inherent, ritualistic ability to persevere, thrive, and love amidst severely inhospitable environs." To whet your appetite, here's a mini-album of 18 photos. And God thought this up!?!

The frosting on the cake is Morgan Freeman's voice doing the narration. You'd can't get much better than this when it comes to a documentary. Makes me want to see everything National Geographic has ever done!

2 comments:

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...