Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Horse Whisperer

It never ceases to amaze me what's in our own backyard here in Hannover! I try to take a brisk hour's walk every day throughout the week, hopefully in a new direction or down a new path.

The other day I went to check out a Greek restaurant on a side street a couple of blocks away and noticed that if I continued down the street, I'd be smack-dab in the middle of horse pastures! Unbelievable.

Which is where I found the horse whisperer. Not me, the horse! I was way too busy snapping away on telephoto to notice, as she walked towards me and once I put the camera down, that she was right there in front of my face! Just as still and quiet as I'm not! It took my breath away until I had the presence of mind to listen to what she was saying. The phrase "Be still and know that I am God" comes to mind. Or "Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?"

The next day, late afternoon, I went back and took pictures of the fence posts of her pasture. And the barbed wire. She doesn't notice or care much about such things, I guess. She's more interested in my Soul, which is my fantasy! (What's yours?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daughter Amy in the Netherlands, 2024

  You may recall that daughter Amy has visited us in the Netherlands twice now (in 2019 and in 2022 ), both times in conjunction with busin...