Saturday, October 22, 2005

They See Things?

So what does it mean that potatoes have eyes, other than that they're no longer fresh and have "gone to seed." Sure, we know what they're for, but why aren't they called noses, for instance. I didn't think twice about them this morning when I went to make Mexican potatoes* for brunch (a good thing to make in Germany!). Until I realized, "Aha! Another photo-op!" See what I mean!

What's more gross, potatoes with eyes or the eyes themselves! If you had a pile of eyes, what would you do with them?

All the better to see you with, my dear!

[* Olive-oil fried potatoes with scrambled eggs, cheese, green onions, bell peppers, salsa. The slimmed-down version is just potatoes, eggs and cheese.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...