Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Word Verification Option

Okay, so I finally broke down and switched from No to Yes in my settings. This means that if you choose to leave a comment, you'll be required to complete a word verification step.

"What this does is to prevent automated systems from adding comments to your blog, since it takes a human being to read the word and pass this step. If you've ever received a comment that looked like an advertisement or a random link to an unrelated site, then you've encountered comment spam. A lot of this is done automatically by software which can't pass the word verification, so enabling this option is a good way to prevent many such unwanted comments."
Hopefully this will eliminate the spam I keep getting (and eliminating) and will not deter you from leaving a comment if ever you're so inclined! Try it; you'll like it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for trying, Silke! See, that wasn't so bad, was it. HA. I've missed your comments here. And YES, I follow your site every day and therefore know about the Army. Does "next week" mean you actually leave San Antonio? I'm sure you'll update us on your site. We're excited for you.

    Guess what. Even I have to do the word verification for my own comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, unfortunately it's a necessary step for bloggers these days. i use movabletype, and so the step i had to take was making everyone "preview" their comment before posting it.

    (looking for that secret button that nukes all spammers...)

    ReplyDelete

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...