Saturday, October 22, 2005

They See Things?

So what does it mean that potatoes have eyes, other than that they're no longer fresh and have "gone to seed." Sure, we know what they're for, but why aren't they called noses, for instance. I didn't think twice about them this morning when I went to make Mexican potatoes* for brunch (a good thing to make in Germany!). Until I realized, "Aha! Another photo-op!" See what I mean!

What's more gross, potatoes with eyes or the eyes themselves! If you had a pile of eyes, what would you do with them?

All the better to see you with, my dear!

[* Olive-oil fried potatoes with scrambled eggs, cheese, green onions, bell peppers, salsa. The slimmed-down version is just potatoes, eggs and cheese.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our 2026 England Trip Overview

  It was 3 years ago when we last visited England for a Shutterchance (SC) meetup with our fellow photobloggers, which means it was definit...