Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fallen

When I saw this tree in our neighborhood the other day, I just stared at it. Maybe it was my mood in that moment but I saw so many things (click photo to enlarge):

  1. Strangely, I first saw the Statue of Liberty, fallen by an act of terrorism (no, that's not a premonition!).
  2. I saw soldiers of war, on both sides, fallen by religious and political hatred.
  3. I saw Native Americans, fallen because of ignorance, non-acceptance and fear.
  4. I saw me, fallen from dis-ease before I picked up my mat and walked.
  5. I saw the Jesus Man, fallen by the sin of the world before he resurrected.

And you? What do you see (apart from a tree fallen by natural causes)?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, PG. I just picked Nicholas up from school and brought him to our house for an overnight. On the way he told me that Indians, when they grow old, don't die but turn into trees. Then he said "only the girl Indians." (He doesn't know what happens to the old boy Indians.) So you must be right about the "fallen woman. Old. Wounded. "Mother Nature" perhaps."

    ReplyDelete

Texel Island, NL, 2024: Renovations

  To be honest, I thought I had already posted about our January trip to start some renovations in Jaap's bungalow, as a gift from Astri...