Monday, October 31, 2005

Saturday Night at Pumpkin Creek

Alright, it's Monday, I know! Halloween. But as far as I can tell, you'd never know it from our neighborhood here in Hannover. Maybe it's just an American thing? We're trying to check it out.

But on Saturday, Amy took these photos of Nicholas "carving" his pumpkin (back in Atlanta). What he did was pound his BriteLites into a bat design so that when the pumpkin is lit, the design will light up. How cool is that! I told her she has to send us pictures of it lit up. And did he think that up himself? Amy says he was the one who pounded them all in.

Uncle Mark was there, too, and carved his own pumpkin (in UGA readiness for the football game to follow). Meanwhile, Amy roasted the pumpkin seeds, a memory that goes back so many years. I like the passing of traditions down from one generation to the next, even if I'm not there to witness it.

Tonight Nicholas will be Darth Vader as he goes trick-or-treatin'. Yes, he's been on a Star Wars kick of late and chose that costume. Hmm. If you asked him who his favorite character is in the Spider-Man series, he'd say the Green Goblin. What is it with liking the most evil of all the characters?! Who knows what's in that little 5-year-old head of his. I've decided not to worry about it for now...hoping it just means he's ALL BOY!

For now, I'll just eat him up. What are grandmothers for if not to gloat over their grandkids!

Oh, and in the meantime, feel free to carve your own pumpkin. Seriously!

3 comments:

Den Bosch, NL, With Our New iPhone 15 Pro Maxes

  Believe it or not, it was a month ago that I posted about our new iPhone 15 Pro Maxes, the gifts Astrid and I received from Sander's ...